Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Short Update

I am sorry for leaving this blog for so long.

As you know, in the beginning of this semester, I have been accepted in college. Now I am studying International Relations Study in Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia. It is one of the best university in Indonesia, if I am allowed to say, so thank God for letting me study here! I am trying making my best to survive in this academically-savage environment (hashtag LOL) so I think that gives you a kind of explanation of why couldn't I write anything in this blog.

Talking about college... 

I have been going through a lot of changes, mainly deals with adapting in college life. College really is different than high school. Every single thing, suddenly, is getting serious: you are expected to be perfect so you have to be perfect, no excuses. That is what I meant with academically-savage: you fail and you will fall. Yet at the same time, you have to cope dealing with a lot of people from various backgrounds and characters. Unfortunately this is not always a pleasant thing as sometimes, their opinion are exactly your opposite, one thing that often leads you sighing and say, "I have never thought that there are such people in the world." And a whole lot of individualism. Not merely because people grown more individualist but because the studying environment in my department itself pressured you to be original and therefore, individual.

I am not saying that these things are bad as I have already accepted, since long ago, that these are things that I would deal in college; but, yes, at the beginning, these drastically different environment shocked me a lot. At certain point, this was depressing. It was actually not as horrible as it may sounds, only that it let me not to do certain things I like. Assignments, insecurity, adaptation, high-school nostalgia, they did really took my time. The fact that I could not write nor create any artistic project is the hardest thing to be coped with, in my opinion. But well, that's life, you cannot have everything you want, you have to sacrifice some. So then I chose to take it as a kind of sacrifice so things are a kind of worth it; and though I haven't been totally adapting nor coping with the hardships of college life, I think I can say that things are finally getting pretty well.

But yet I still do miss writing and artworking! So here I am finally, writing an update for you, dear Readers, simply because I couldn't bear not to write anything. I will start to write again soon (just wait for the coming posts) and currently I am working on another artistic project. I am hoping that before this month ends we will see another two art projects in this blog (yes, I am that hungry for art). We are going to work on my label, Boadicea, again this season, which is full of flowers and roses! You can start checking them out on mainly my Instagram and the newly-made Boadicea's Instagram account.

I think I have said more than I should have said, so that's it. See you really soon, Readers, I cannot wait to see you soon!

Love,