Monday, July 15, 2013

Nineteen, A Review.

I have had the time of my life.

I travelled. I achieved things. I pursued my dreams. I met new people; made some new friends. I was having fun. Looking back, for the first time in the late three years, I had a time for myself. I rediscovered myself and rebuilt new dreams.

I went to Cirebon and South Celebes. I graduated. I became the MC for 4th SEASPF International Best Practices Conference for headmasters in ASEAN and Korea. I was accepted in my dream college. I became the third best graduate in my program. I finished my Boadicea project well. I saw the real fashion backstage for the first time. I became Lady Gaga in my prom and won the best costume. I spent a lot of time with my family. I did things for myself. I had fun.

And I think, I have changed.

Travelling and escaping the routines of my life, enjoying myself for a moment, totally gave me something. In the late three years I worked, almost 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Then, it came to me a realization: I have been overworked. Yes, I was having fun; but still, I took no rest in pursuing my targets. Even though I achieved many things from those works I had done, I neglected so many other things. I forgot my need to relax; to enjoy my time with my friend, with my family... To simply just have fun and don't care.

So I took a break, and that was it... I simply have fun...

And now I am nineteen.

It is funny how those travels and have-funs were the ones which strucked me with this realization. I have to grow up. I am not a teenager anymore; I am going to take my first steps to become a young adult. I can't just following the flows of life, take things for granted, like life is merely a game, as I have no more excuses. Being an adult, I realized, is about treating your environment with responsibility. To deal with reality; to not solely dreaming. To take care of your life, your family, your friends.

Life is not going to be easier from this point. But I know I am not moving forward if I am just standing still in fright.

So I am taking my first steps. I will take the chances and risks ahead. I am ready to work hard, to study well; to achieve many more things and accomplished many more works. I am ready to start taking my responsibilties. I know that there will always a possibility that I failed in anything I will be doing in the future; but I know that it doesn't matter for now. What important is what I am doing in the present, and it is trying. And I am eager -- and willing -- to try.

So, hello, world, and hello, nineteenth. It is nice to meet you. You see, I am still green in this business, so I will need a lot of your help and cooperation in this business. Don't worry, I am as excited as you are to work in this matter. So be good to me and may God bless us.


Yogyakarta, July 15th, 2013.